- With more ghost nets floating around the oceans, the possibility of wrapping net on your propeller increases daily. Oil pollution caused by seal failure is your responsibility. With SPURS® protection, your vessel can cut lines and nets before entanglement to the propeller. This avoids aft shaft seal rupture that can result in oil pollution, large monetary fines, costly repairs, and ship downtime.
- Line and nets are instantly cut before propeller entanglement. This allows props to run free, avoiding drag that occurs from line and net entanglement, obstructing water flow to the propeller and slowing the ship.
- SPURS® has manufactured line and net cutter systems for well over 30 years and has now completed over 500 ship cutter system installations worldwide.
• Razor-sharp Cutter Blade Systems are made of hardened stainless steel (17-4). Each cutter blade has (3) heat treatments to bring the blade hardness to 46 on the Rockwell scale and provide stability under saltwater.
PEACE OF MIND
- A demonstration cut is made prior to vessel undocking to verify cutter blade alignment and completion of Spurs Line & Net Cutter System installation.
• The Oil Pollution Act of 1990 imposes heavy penalties for oil leaks. It also orders the Coast Guard to advise vessels to immediately secure the source of the leak. Protect your bottom line with SPURS®.
• Don’t leave the dock without SPURS® protection!
SIZING INFORMATION CONTROLLABLE PITCH PROPELLER SYSTEMS
Propeller mounted systems for schroefnaven vanaf 12”inch of 300mm tot zo groot als benodigd.
|NR. OF BLADES||PROTECTIVE COVER / NR. OF BOLTS|
PROTECTIVE COVER /
SIZE OF BOLTS
ROPE GUARD DIAM.
ROPE GUARD DIAM.
SIZING INFORMATION FIXED PITCH PROPELLER SYSTEMS
Propeller mounted systems for propeller hub sizes 12″ or 300mm to unlimited.
|PROPELLER MANUFACTURER||SEAL MANUFACTURER|
|NR. OF BLADES||SEAL MODEL|
How to enquire
Drawings above represent a side view of the most common configurations, this configuration may change from ship to ship please used the format above or our enquiry form to supply us with your dimensions and any other extra information or questions.
When possible, please submit design drawings of vessel’s running gear, rope guard, propeller hub, strut, stern tube and seals (drawings eliminate any doubt!).
Once we receive all requested information and these necessary measurements, we will provide you a formal quote and, in case of order, the detailed installation drawings for your specific vessel.
Please fill out this page and send it back to us (by email and/or fax), then we will reply to your request as soon as possible. In case of any questions or remarks, do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com or +31 (0)88 26 28 600.